Tuesday, October 10, 2006

"At the end of the day, you've just got to say, it's all right."

Wow, I'm tired! I've barely sat down and really relaxed for about five days now, and, oh, I can feel it! Here's the last five days, "in a nutshell", as our guide at the CWHM grade 10 field trip would say:

  • Friday was school and then dress shopping - Jo chose her dress, and Karen, Sharlene and I have almost decided on the style we want; it just requires a lot of shopping around, trying on one dress after another, ad infinitum.
  • Friday night and Saturday were study weekend, broken up by working Saturday morning.
  • Despite getting a nasty sinus cold with accompanying headache, Sunday I went to Em's in the early afternoon for her birthday. It's a good thing I left early: what with picking up a friend and taking the more scenic route, we made it to church with just 10 minutes to spare. After church we went back to Buikema's, where we were entertained by their spring-loaded Jack Russell, and Mr. Buikema and Harold's discussion on the "right" way to photograph smoke. Around dusk we went to Beamer Conservation area for a short walk; we stopped at a few lookouts in the cliffs, and watched the harvest moon rise over the lake and the town of Grimsby. By then it was quite dark, so we again went back to Em's and played Machiavelli, which is a great card game in which (we decided) cheating is entirely justifiable! After everyone else left, Emily and I stayed up and talked until 2. Crazy, I know. That leads us to Monday
  • Monday we slept in a bit, finally to be awakened by the dog. Grr. Mrs. Buikema came in a little while later and told us about the Vineland crafts fair. So we decided to go check it out. There were so many vendors, and I got some great craft ideas. Em and I both wanted to buy a panflute CD, but didn't have enough cash. After the fair I went home, had a nap, then Thanksgiving supper - the turkey was one of the best we've ever had. Jo and I stayed up late watching a movie, finally turning in around 12:30. Zzzzzz
  • Then today (Tuesday) Jo and I went to Ottawa St. to browse through all the fabric stores there, and we both came away happy and loaded down with the goods. Now I have to work on refining my design, to maximize the efficient use of my materials. I freely admit that I'm the guilty owner of many UFO's (unfinished objects), but I just get so caught up with a new idea halfway through the execution of another one! Too creative, I guess, if that's a fault.

    And now I'm going to finish off this day with an English toffee cappuchino and the Roman military. Mmmmm.... (that's for the English toffee. But if they had real pictures (photographs) of Roman soldiers.....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home