Tuesday, September 11, 2007

And that's done!

Wow, what a summer! Lots of warm / hot days, a fantastic job, and what an ending!

I guess it all started back in January, when I submitted a resume to the local archives in case my then-current job possibility didn't pan out. It didn't, by the way. Fast forward to mid-May, when I got a phone call from Mrs. W., asking if I was still interested in working at the Archives. I said yes, and we set up an interview. That Friday we discussed the job and my qualifications, and right there and then I got the job! I started the next Monday by sitting in on a grade 10 History class at the local high school, taking notes on the discussion about local veterans. Over the next three months I researched so much local history. I'm like a walking encyclopedia! That was my best summer job ever! I just wish I could find out where that missing house is! (There's a story behind that. There are a lot of stories I could tell). Due to the requirements of the job I couldn't go camping with the family (:( ), but I did go to Campfire! this year, and had a wonderful time! I made new friends and reconnected with people I'd met before, and had a great group of campers - the oldest group of girls, which was something I hadn't experienced in a while, not since my CIT year. Wonderful girls. My co-counsellor and I got along so well, and the four counsellors in our cabin had so much fun together! Peanuts, Star, and Soleil, I'll always remember the talks that lasted far too long to get a decent night's sleep, and the hilarious time we had lying out on the lawn the last night. Hopefully I'll also remember what that does to my back!

The night Ben and I got back from camp was also the night Andre and Linda came. It was surprising, how quickly we picked up where we left off 8 years ago. We went camping at Craigleith ( I really like that area!), spent a day at Canada's Wonderland where I finally rode the Italian Job ride and did the Vortex twice and got Ben soaked on the raft ride *semi-evil grin*. We went to Niagara Falls and saw the lights on the falls at night (and also went out for supper - very good food), we went to an Indian village - I never knew there was one so close by! - and all kinds of tourist-y things. Linda and I also watched about 10 cheesy chick-flicks over the three weeks they were here, tormenting the boys with show tunes, especially High School Musical! The funny thing was, they were the ones who quoted from it numerous times this weekend!

Yes, this past weekend. This weekend my sister got married, to the best brother-in-law I have. :P We had to get up early on Saturday morning to get our hair done, which wasn't so easy since all of us except the bride had gone out bowling the night before. Before we were finished or even properly dressed, the photographer came to get the pre-wedding pictures. Oh, the look on Linda's face when he came downstairs, and she was still in her pajamas! (Well Lyn, almost all of us were). From there it was off to the church, and the beautiful ceremony where my beautiful, glowing sister married the prins van her dromen! All us bridesmaids cried at some point, especially when Jo's voice cracked as she recited her vows. But we weren't alone. According to the best man's wife, about half the church was sniffling then. The rest of the afternoon and evening we celebrated with the families, laughed so often at the stories people told about Jo and Chris, and finally waved them off to their new home. Now they're on their honeymoon, Andre and Linda have gone home, and the house will be so quiet. It's like I had to say goodbye to two sisters in one weeked. Now it's just me and the boys. I miss you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home