Wednesday, January 31, 2007

So, I told Em today and I know I've said it here before, I love Burton Cummings. The music, not the man. He's too old for me :). His voice is great, and his songs are just what I need to make my day a fantastic day - a "doog" day, if you will. What is it about the music? There's such a range of emotions, from crazy happy to lonely to pensive to sad. And that's all part of life. But if I had to choose one song for my personal theme song, it would have to be "My Own Way to Rock". That's the way I am. People tell me I'm weird or crazy on a regular basis, though I think that means I just don't always act the way they think I will. Catching people off guard is part of the fun of life! Who cares what they think? For me, being crazy = getting as much enjoyment as possible out of the moment. That said, I can be serious when need be. But it's so much better when you look at the world with a smile on your face! And there's the song that starts off:

"Hey, good-lookin' why the frown? You always look better when it's up-side-down"

Hearing that song always makes me smile, and that can make even the worst of days just a little bit brighter. So go ahead, smile when everything's going insane; if nothing else, you'll get a kick out of other peoples' reactions when they declare you crazy. Be unconventional.

I'm gonna take my silver dollar
Change it into quarters
Shove 'em in the record machine'

Cause I got my own way to rock
I got my own way to roll
And when you're walkin that walk
It's good for your soul

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I should borrow some Burton Cummings from you too...hmmmm. can't wait til the 16th!!!

1:52 AM  
Blogger Marsha said...

we-heeeeee! I'm looking forward to it - only 2 weeks awaaaaayyyyy!

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home