Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Drat! And my night was going so well!

I'd heard about a guest lecture scheduled for tonight, given by an archaeologist who had been studying Mayan ruins for nine years, and thought, "Sounds intriguing; I'd like to go hear it." There were no objections to my going, we had supper early, I was listening to a wonderfully funny CD in the car on the way down to school, got through parking without having to pay, got my English toffee without any problems - so far really good. But what do I find when I get to the room where it's scheduled? The lecture was cancelled, with no reasons given and no advance notice. What's up with that? (seems almost like something from The Seven Crystal Balls/ Prisoners of the Sun - which I just read last week while I was babysitting, that's why it occurred to me) So much for that; I guess I'll just go home now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home