Friday, September 21, 2007

"But blessings can hide in the strangest disguise"

So it's late Friday afternoon, the second floor is nearing desertion, everyone's heading home for the weekend, and what am I doing? Killing time online by writing on my blog, naturally. My ride won't be here for another half hour -ish, classes are finished for me for the week, and I'm stuck here in limbo. Okay.

I really like fall. It's the time when you can think about warm sweaters and scarves and mittens, but it's not seriously cold. Most of my favourite clothes are for these in-between seasons, and the air is fresher. You're holding on to the last days of summer, relishing the break from humidity. So many things begin in the fall; it makes me thing of the poem "Happy New Year, Anyway." September is the time for beginnings: it feels like a new year. New friends, new classes, new books, new ideas. I like it.

And this entry's title comes once again from a Great Big Sea song.... whenever someone says "lucky you" or "lucky me", it puts this song in my head. Today it happened several times, so...

"As long as the river still runs to the sea, hey lucky you, lucky me"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(added Sept. 27)

And now I have another new job... or at least a new variation on a current job. Starting next Monday, I'll be working at Ancaster Library until the end of December. It's funny how things can just pop up out of nowhere! Woot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home